Community Outreach’s mission is to enrich learning at the University of Connecticut through preparing students to be active global citizens by engaging them in service activities that enhance the quality of life for both others and themselves.
All CO programs are student led. Over 100 students hold formal leadership positions.
Student leaders are an integral part to the success of Community Outreach programs. Students take on leadership roles for all of our service and operational functions. They design and implement activities that meet client needs and recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and work-study employees. The coordinator positions also comprise the Executive Board, which works on projects that support student leaders and Community Outreach as a whole.
Community Outreach offers the following services:
- One-time and regular service programs that meet self-identified community needs.
- Volunteer and federal work-study positions in local human service agencies and schools.
- Professional and leadership development for participants and coordinators.
- Advising for individual students, student organizations, faculty and staff who desire assistance in developing a service-related project.
- A point of access for community partners wishing to engage the UConn student body in public and community service initiatives.
Learn more about how you can partner with Community Outreach.